Gateway Remote Setup for ADB Setup
Code Search Method
- PRESS and release the TV button
- PRESS and HOLD the RCU SETUP until the TV button blinks twice
- Enter in 9 9 1 and the TV button will blink twice
- Aim the remote at the TV and press and release the POWER button
- PRESS and RELEASE the CH+ or CH- until the TV turns off
- PRESS the POWER button to turn the TV on
- PRESS the RCU SETUP button to store the code for the TV. The TV button will blink twice. The remote is now ready to operate the TV.
Volume (Use with Code Search Method)
- Press and release the TV button
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the TV button blinks TWICE
- Enter in 9 9 3
- Press and release the TV button and wait until it blinks twice
- Once these steps have been completed, you should be able to control the volume +/- and the mute regardless of what “mode” you are in. (i.e. TV, STB)
The Learning Method
Basically, this means that you can transfer the information from the FACTORY ISSUED remote to the ADB remote (power, volume, etc.) It bypasses having to do the code search method.
- Press the RCU SETUP until the last selected mode button blinks twice. (TV, DVD, etc.)
- Enter in 9 7 5
- Press the TV button
- Press the button you wish to program (i.e. POWER) on the ADB remote
- Place the ADB remote and the ORIGINAL remote head-to-head about 2 inches apart.
- Press and HOLD the SAME button (power) on the ORIGINAL remote. The ADB remote TV button will blink rapidly and turn off. Keep holding the button on the ORIGINAL remote until the TV button on the ADB remote blinks twice.
*if the learning failed, the TV button will emit on long blink. You will have to repeat step 6.